Thursday 22 March 2012

Stroud International Textiles Festival Info & Past Repeat Print

...the Cotswolds continue to share its rich creative vibe through other festivals and events....

http://www.stroudinternationaltextiles.org.uk/event01sit.html








...attending Stroud College where I completed my Foundation Course gave a huge insight into the Textiles festival and I couldn't believe how much talent there was and still is on my door step...
...whilst on the Fashion/Textile degree course, in my second year I had the opportunity to be part of this festival with other students which became part of a repeat print module...

...Here are some images to illustrate my repeat print design and the process...

Final Design board for Repeat Print (Uni - Yr2)

Final Colour Board


Masking off the screen in preparation for next colour



...final completed dress design...


...this year, the Stroud Textile Festival has a very exciting exhibition called Pairings II – conversations & collaborations, co-curated by Alice Kettle, one of the UK’s leading textile artists!!!

...to find out what else is happening follow link...

www.stroudinternationaltextiles.org.uk/futureevents.html

No comments:

Post a Comment