Monday 17 September 2012

Free range Show...Refresh

Free Range Graduate Catwalk Refresh

...due to being so proud of the first fashion show I had taken part in, I wanted to re-blog about it and refresh the images...

 ...This was my 'Gloucester Cathedral' Graduate Collection...

'Gloucester Cathedral' 2012 Collection ©GeorginaRoseBeaton

...all aspects of the dresses from the initial designs to the finishes of the fabrics was completely inspired by Gloucestershire Cathedral...

...I did decide however, to name each dress to make it easier with shows coming up ect and instead of naming them after parts of the cathedral, I wanted to capture the fact that there gowns were produced whilst at uni. I named each one after my closest friends as they saw and supported each gown too...


'Laura', Gloucester Cathedral Collection 2012 ©GeorginaRoseBeaton
...each gown came with difficulties that were over come within the design of the next dress to follow...

'Stacey', Gloucester Cathedral Collection, 2012 ©GeorginaRoseBeaton
...'lenny' the laser cutter worked so hard on this 'Stacey' dress and I had many small buddies to help but we all got there in the end and it was defiantly worth it...

'Connie' Gloucester Cathedral Collection, 2012 ©GeorginaRoseBeaton  

...as my illustrations are a little weak, I decided to ask Graham Cheal, an incredibly talented illustator to come on board and create his own take on the gowns...below is his fantastic drawing of 'Connie'...

...please visit his website and view his work...

http://www.grahamcheal.co.uk/


Graham Cheal Illustration, 2012
...You can also see another illustration and information of my work on Amelia's magazine...

http://www.ameliasmagazine.com/fashion/free-range-graduate-shows-2012-somerset-college-ba-fashion-design-review/2012/06/07/

...a new addition to this collection is on its way...



'Rose'

x






No comments:

Post a Comment